Do I Need to <setup> GRUB

Dan McGhee farmerdan at i-rule.net
Fri Apr 1 02:55:27 PST 2005

Andrew Benton wrote:

> Dan McGhee wrote:
>
>> title Mandrake
>> root (hd1,0)
>> kernel /boot/kernel-2.6.8.1-1-1mdk
>>
> Looks good, sounds like you know what you're doing, but your Mandrake
> entry looks a bit bare. I think it should at least need a root=/dev/hdb1
> I have something like this for Mandrake
>
> title Mandrake
> kernel (hd0,12)/boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/hda13 devfs=nomount splash=silent
> initrd (hd0,12)/boot/initrd.img

Thanks Andrew, and Marko too, for the response.  Yes, I know the
Mandrake entry is "thin," as you said. I put the "trimmed down" versions
of the lines here just to check my logic.

I also must apologize to the list.  When I made the original post for
this thread, I didn't check the properties of the message, and it got
sent with some HTML attributes.  It was an oversight on my part.

Once again, thanks for the replies.

Dan