kbd-1.12 types.h parse error

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Sun Apr 3 13:28:42 PDT 2005

On Sun, 3 Apr 2005, Laurent Hugé wrote:

> My optimization flags are "-O3 -march=pentium2 -mmmx".

Sounds reasonably sane (I always mistrust -O3, but several packages use
it as a matter of course, so I'm probably being unnecessarily cautious).

> That drives me to last two questions :
>  - do you think an automated lfs can drive me out of the deep ?

 Depends who writes it.  I've no experience of alfs, it seems not to
fulfil some of my specific requirements.  I write my own scripts once I
think I understand the process, but that means I add my own bugs.

>  - how can I directly post with knode (news reader) in lfs.support : I receive
> the message "404 posting not allowed" and am obliged to use the mailing list
> with kmail (I precise I've got no problem with other newsgroups) ?

 That one I do know - posting from news was disabled last week because
of problems with the news|mail gateway - those of us using email
apparently didn't get some postings, and they weren't archived.

> Thanks anyway for your help,

 Sorry I haven't been able to get you further forward.

Ken