chapter 5 - binutils pass 1 - slackware 10.1

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Apr 4 10:07:55 PDT 2005

martin boehnert wrote:
> sorry for sending this much output but i think the error is somewhere
> between these lines...
> no very much platform info and the segfault at the end of the snippet...
> <snip>
> configure:2176: checking whether the C compiler works
> configure:2182: ./a.out
> /mnt/lfs/sources/binutils-2.15.91.0.2/libiberty/configure: line 2183:
> 2043 Segmentation fault      ./$ac_file

Yeah, that certainly doesn't look healthy :)  Do you happen to have
'strace' installed on your host?  If you run 'strace
/mnt/lfs/sources/binutils-2.15.91.0.2/libiberty/configure' it may
provide some clues as to what's going wrong.  It looks as if your host's
toolchain may be buggy (though I doubt that), unless you're providing
optimisation or other flags via CFLAGS?

Regards,

Matt.