gettext-0.14.1 of charapter5 on x86_64

lorry lorry at ict.ac.cn
Wed Apr 6 19:47:40 PDT 2005

    I encountered a very strange problem with gettext-0.14.1 of charapter5 when
i try to install LFS5.1.1 on my Xeon64 server. I have plenty of experiences in
installing LFS, but it's my first time to install LFS on a X86_64 platform.
I use RedHat Linux AS (Taroon Update 3) for X86_64 as base system and i don't
install the multilib rpms to get a pure 64bit base system. I follow every instruction
of the book and add --disable-multilib to GCC's configuration and i'm sure the
GCC specs file is amended correctly (replace /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 with
/tools/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 and /lib/ld-linux.so.2 with /tools/lib/ld-linux.so.2).
Everything is ok untill i try to install gettext-0.14.1 of charapter5. When i make it,
i get an error message:
Making all in intl-java
make[3]: Entering directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/gettext-0.14.1/gettext-runtime/intl-java'
/bin/sh ../lib/javacomp.sh -d . ./gnu/gettext/GettextResource.java libgcj-java-placeholder.sh

This script is a placeholder for the /usr/bin/java and /usr/bin/javac
master links required by jpackage.org conventions.  libgcj's
rmiregistry, rmic and jar tools are now slave symlinks to these
masters, and are managed by the alternatives(8) system.

This change was necessary because the rmiregistry, rmic and jar tools
installed by previous versions of libgcj conflicted with symlinks
installed by jpackage.org JVM packages.
jar cf libintl.jar gnu/gettext/GettextResource*.class
gnu/gettext/GettextResource*.class: No such file or directory
Error adding gnu/gettext/GettextResource*.class to jar archive!
make[3]: *** [libintl.jar] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/gettext-0.14.1/gettext-runtime/intl-java'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/gettext-0.14.1/gettext-runtime'

    I follow some notes i find in search.linuxfromscratch.org and add the --disable-libasprintf to the configuration of gettext, but the error is still there.
I nerver meet the problem before, and google doesn't return any useful information.
So I suppose that I'm doing something bad, anyone can help me?

=======================================
 Lorry(MadOnion will return...)
 Network Testing Lab
 Institute of Computing Technology