LFS + BLFS: planning disk space

Jason Gurtz jason at tommyk.com
Thu Apr 7 13:01:54 PDT 2005

On 4/7/2005 15:33, Glenn Becker wrote:

> I am planning out partitions on a 'new' laptop and want to dedicate a
> partition to LFS ... I saw in the doc that 2 - 3 gigs is recommended for
> an install of LFS ... does this include enough space for BLFS as well, or
> should I make the partition larger than 3G?

The 2-3 Gigs take into account space required for the source trees of
programs while building so you could stick with that.

That said, if you want to build a lot more things out of BLFS I would up
the size.  10G would be pretty comfortable for a full blown desktop with
KDE/Gnome and bunches of ancillary programs.  You can certainly get away
with less than that though.

Have fun in your journey!

~Jason