make without /bin/sh

David Snyder aventius at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 22:05:57 PDT 2005

Ok so I completed all of part 5 and am starting to install the basic
system.   Now here's the problem... when I run "make install" in
man-pages, it prompts that it can't find "/bin/sh" which is fine
because I haven't installed the sym-link.

My question is... how can I go about running "make install" without
even creating the sym-link and actually never have a "bin" directory.
Obviously "/bin/sh" is hard-wired into make or gcc or something else...
but is there a way to compile make & gcc so that it looks for the shell
somewhere else.... say SHELL=/executables/shell