Problem in XFree86

Mukesh Kaushal mukeshk at compucomtech.co.in
Thu Apr 7 22:43:19 PDT 2005

Hello there
I 've made a fully customized linux system and it is workin' well. Now I
am goin' to make another system. I 've made shell successfully and now a
days workin' on GUI. I am followin' blfs book- 5.1.1. I 've installed
XFree86. My PATH and PKG_CONFIG_PATH are set as mentioned in the book.
But all X commands are not workin'.
It is showin' the msg that "could not open libraries or no such file or
directory"
I 've checked the whole system again and again. Every thing is fine and
XFree86 command is workin' well. It gives a grey background with a X
shaped mouse pointer but next STARTX command or XCLOCK or anyother
command of X is not workin' and showin' the same msg.
Plz suggest me what could be wrong????

Thanx
MK