BLFS starting point

Steffen R. Knollmann sknolli at astro.physik.uni-goettingen.de
Fri Apr 8 06:51:16 PDT 2005

> Thanks Steffen, could I install gpm now in chroot and then boot into LFS
> and read the manual that way?

  For reading you don't need gpm, that's just for having a mouse in the
console :-) I think you can install in chroot, well, I wouldn't know why
not.

  The only thing you'll need, is a text web browser (I'd suggest links,
but that is personal taste). Just ignore all those additional
dependencies.

  Another option actually, that just came to my mind (if you just want
to be able to read the BLFS book) is to convert the html to txt on your
host (eg lynx can do that).

  Cheers,
    Steffen

--