install problem LFS 6

Rich Hopkins wisepenguin at talk21.com
Fri Apr 8 09:41:52 PDT 2005

I have followed the LFS 6 book and each package
compiles successfully.
However on page 56, (5.9 Adjusting the toolchain)

SPECFILE='gcc --print-file specs' &&
sed 's@ /lib/ld-linux.so.2@
/tools/lib/ld-linux.so.2 at g' \
$SPECFILE > tempspecfile &&
mv -f tempspecfile $SPECFILE &&
unset SPECFILE

the above command causes a large screen of information
about about how to use sed.

And on page 58, when doing the sanity checks it fails.
Nothing is shown on the screen. /lib/ld-linux.so.2 is
still being used if i do readelf -l /bin/ls
as a test.

So using the advice on the previous page of changing
the file by hand. (the file still had
/lib/ld-linux.so.2 in it)

I changed this reference to /tools/lib/ld-linux.so.2
and saved the file.

Repeated the sanity check and still did not work.
I also repeated the check on random binary file which
displays that it is still using /lib/ld-linux.so.2

and not the one located in /tools

I have got up to this stage 3 times now after lengthy
compiles.
Please help.
Regards
R Hopkins (wisepenguin at talk21.com)