Symbolic Link Problem

bakermd at ameritech.net bakermd at ameritech.net
Fri Apr 8 12:20:52 PDT 2005

Hello all,

I recently started my LFS build over from scratch, partly because I had
numerous errors and wanted a fresh start and partly because I wanted to
convert to Reiserfs.

Now, I'm having a silly problem setting up the working enviornment.  I
didn't have this problem before, and there's probably some really obvious
answer that I'm just missing:

When I try to set up the symbolic link

ln -s $LHS/tools /

I get

ln: `//tools': File exists

$LFS is set to /mnt/lfs and ls -l doesn't output the symbolic link.

I'm using Slackware 10 and LFS 6.0.

Thanks.