Missing line in fstab

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Apr 11 08:59:28 PDT 2005

Donal Farrell wrote:
> Hi there, I'm just finished LFS and am trying to start BLFS. The problem
> I have is that I can't mount my cdrom drive in LFS, it complains aout
> bad superblock, and that it cant find the mount-point in eu=ither fsatb
> or mtab. Here's my complete /etc/fstab
[snip]
> /dev/cdrom           /media/cdrom         auto
> fs=cdfss,ro,procuid,nosuid,nodev,exec,iocharset=ut

First of all, do you have a /dev/cdrom? That should be a symlink to the
real device, often /dev/hdc in the IDE world, but it could be another one.

What happens if you remove that line completely from /etc/fstab and try
as root:

mount /dev/[real cdrom node] /media/cdrom

Again, [real cdrom node] could be hdc or hdd or something like that
depending on your hardware, and assuming it's an IDE drive.

--
Jeremy H.