Missing line in fstab

Donal Farrell 0161977 at student.ul.ie
Mon Apr 11 11:09:58 PDT 2005

Hi Jeremy. Thanks for your help. No I don't have a /dev/cdrom the only
things in dev are /dev/console /dev/null and /dev/tty. How can I make a
symlink to the real device? Suse's fstab doesn't say which IDE device it
but mtab says its hdc and hdd is  a cd rewriter. The mtab lines from
SuSE are as follows

/dev/hdd /media/cdrecorder subfs
ro,nosuid,nodev,fs=cdfss,procuid,iocharset=utf8 0 0
/dev/hdc /media/cdrom subfs
ro,nosuid,nodev,fs=cdfss,procuid,iocharset=utf8 0 0

Do you have any suggestions as to how i might implement something like
this for LFS. Thanks in advance