kernel panic, etc.

Donal Farrell 0161977 at student.ul.ie
Wed Apr 13 05:21:38 PDT 2005

Hello again. I recompiled my LFS kernel (in LFS, not chroot) for SMB
automount and NFS support but forgot to make mrproper first. Now I cant
get back in the message being:

make: warning:  Clock skew detected.  Your build may be incomplete.
root at linux:/sources/linux-2.6.8.1# chroot "$LFS" /usr/bin/env -i \
root at linux:/sources/linux-2.6.8.1# make menuconfig
make: Warning: File `.vmlinux.cmd' has modification time 2.7e+02 s in
the future
scripts/kconfig/mconf arch/i386/Kconfig
#
# using defaults found in .config
#

Your kernel configuration changes were NOT saved.

make: warning:  Clock skew detected.  Your build may be incomplete.

make: warning:  Clock skew detected.  Your build may be incomplete.

Now I tried going back into chroot and compiling again like we were
shown in LFS chapter 8 (kernel ) {LFS vs 6.0 linux-2.6.8.1} I get the
same kernel panic message. Is there anything I can do in either chroot
or by magic in LFS to correct this or am I destined for a complete
rebuild?? Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

Donal