kernel panic, etc.

Andrew Benton b3nt at ukonline.co.uk
Wed Apr 13 09:23:59 PDT 2005

Donal Farrell wrote:
> Now I tried going back into chroot and compiling again like we were
> shown in LFS chapter 8 (kernel ) {LFS vs 6.0 linux-2.6.8.1} I get the
> same kernel panic message. Is there anything I can do in either chroot
> or by magic in LFS to correct this or am I destined for a complete
> rebuild?? Thanks in advance for any help.

You should be able to recompile the kernel in chroot. Do you have a known-good kernel
config to use? The question is why are you getting the kernel panic? If you build the
same kernel for LFS as you're using on your host and get a panic in LFS and not on
your host then the kernel isn't the source of the problem.