Expect error

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Apr 15 07:19:56 PDT 2005

GSI wrote:

>> Hi there,
>>
>> i´ve installed and chrooted correctly LFS 6, the Problem "Yesterday,
>> all worked fine" today after booting and chrooting again, the "expect
>> -c "spawn -ls" tells there were no more free PTY´s."
>> Why, whats wrong, were is my mistake. How can I fix this.
>> Is there anybody who can help ? Jeremy ???? 8-)
>>
> root:/# mount
> none on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,gid=4,mode=620)
> none on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
> root:/#

You're missing a few there. Sounds like you didn't prepare your chroot
very well before entering it again :)

 From Chapter 6

"mount -t proc proc $LFS/proc
mount -t sysfs sysfs $LFS/sys

Remember that if for any reason you stop working on the LFS system and
start again later, it is important to check that these file systems are
mounted again before entering the chroot environment"

So, basically, if you reboot or unmount your filesystems for any reason,
you have to set your chroot up again.

Do the commands from these sections of the book after reboot:

1. 6.2 Mounting Virtual Kernel File Systems
2. 6.3 Entering the Chroot Environment
3. 6.8 Populating /dev

--
Jeremy Huntwork