/dev/input/mice & NVidia

Donal Farrell 0161977 at student.ul.ie
Fri Apr 15 08:22:01 PDT 2005

Hi there. I'm having a little trouble with Xorg-6.8.2 in BLFS 6.0

My mouse is not detected  ImPS/2 Logitech Wheel Mouse and there is no
/dev/mouse either. I am sticking rigidly to the book and used
/dev/input/mice Also, something that could be part of the problem is the
Nvidia drivers ( I downloaded the latest driver for Linux IA32 from
nvidia.com) but am unsure when to install it (i.e. after Xorg or before)
I did however disable DRI in the kernel under the options (->device
drivers->character devices) Any suggestions??

Regards,

Donal