/dev/input/mice & NVidia

Donal Farrell 0161977 at student.ul.ie
Fri Apr 15 09:56:35 PDT 2005

Yes on SuSE, /dev/mouse is a symlink to /dev/input/mice
 there is a /dev/psaux (i'm unsure what it does though) i did some of
the X configureation in chroot, and when I look into /mnt/lfs/dev on
SuSe (which should be the /dev for LFS) I only see /dev/console
/dev/null and tty, but when I boot into LFS I have everything, bar a
/dev/mouse!! Is this because of the chroot.

I just installed the nvidia drivers before I got your reply. I'm very
keen to do away with these if at all possible. Would you know how to
uninstall the nvidia drivers fully and how to use this nv driver (does
it need DRI support in the kernel)

On the same note, when I did try to install the nvidia drivers (X still
wasn't fully completed _ couldn't detect mouse etc) it said that it need
to build a kernel module, so I, like a fool, let it off. It did this,
but X reported afte Xorg -configure taht it coulddn't access that kernel
module.

Regards,

Donal