Error in Glibc Chapter-6 LFS ver-6..Help pls??

Chakkaradeep C C chaks.lfs at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 11:32:48 PDT 2005

Hi all,

After completing the "Constructing the Temporary System", i started
Part-III....Chapter 6.

when i configured Glibc i got this COMMON ERROR,

checking for suffix of object files...cannot compute suffix of object
files:cannot compile

i searched the forum and have not got an answer on how to rectify this
problem.......

am using FC-3 as my base system....Chapter-5 went on well and it took
me hours to complete that chapter friends............and now am stuck
up with this error...

i would be happy if someone could help me out in rectifying this error!!

with regards,
C.C.Chakkaradeep