LFS on 1GB ?

Joel Miller cheeziologist at mail.isc.rit.edu
Fri Apr 15 13:18:45 PDT 2005

Jean Arnaud wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I got an old P133 with only one gigabyte hard disk.
> Since i'm new to LFS, i'd like to know if it is possible to do a LFS
> installation on it ?
>
> Thanks

The answer is yes and no. My final install, with debugging symbols left
in, is less than 500 MB. The problem is, I think you need more space
than that during the build to store the source tarballs and the
extracted sources. What you might want to try is building on a host that
has more space, and then moving the system over to your p133. If you end
up using a different target triplet for the machine you build on, you
should see the x86 cross-compiling hint at the hints project.

--
Registered LFS User 6929
Registered Linux User 298182