/dev/input/mice & NVidia

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Apr 16 07:36:53 PDT 2005

Andrew Benton wrote:
> Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
I don't have a TV attached to the computer or need any of
> the other fancy features the Nvidia module is supposed to provide.
> Life's a lot simpler without it, in my opinion, it's more trouble than
> it's worth. But as always, Your milage may vary

I've simply had trouble getting the nv driver to behave like a normal
driver. Last time I tried it, I couldn't get it to run 1024x768x24. If
it comes down to me using something besides the Nvidia module for my
hardware, I ususally just use the vesa framebuffer device.

--
Jeremy H.