Error compiling Ch. 5 - Binutils-2.15.91.0.2 - pass 1

Chakkaradeep C C chaks.lfs at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 08:48:11 PDT 2005

Hi all,

well there is no file "/tools/bin/gcc", but it is a directory
there!....is this a mistake or is that i missed some steps
here??....the gcc version is 3.4.1 given along with LFS Packages...but
it seems this version of gcc is error prone and i had logged all my
works on lfs and that indicates that i had done every step as
mentioned in the LFS 6 Docs....so downloading the latest versions of
GCC,Binutils and GLibc would help??..or is it that this version itself
i can continue and rebuild the LFS 6.0??...

My base system is FC-3 and it is using GCC-3.4.2...

i would be happy if someone could help me out in this..

with regards,
C.C.Chakkaradeep