ezmlm-0.53 compile problem. linux built from lfs 6.0 livecd

admin at polerio.com admin at polerio.com
Fri Apr 22 07:05:53 PDT 2005

Error:

root at polerio:/sources/ezmlm-0.53# make
./load auto-str substdio.a error.a str.a
/usr/bin/ld: errno: TLS definition in /lib/libc.so.6 section .tbss mismatches
non-TLS reference in substdio.a(substdo.o)
/lib/libc.so.6: could not read symbols: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [auto-str] Error 1
root at polerio:/sources/ezmlm-0.53# uname -a
Linux polerio 2.6.10 #2 SMP Thu Apr 21 15:01:12 PHT 2005 i686 pentium4 i386
GNU/Linux
root at polerio:/sources/ezmlm-0.53#

My Info:

Linux polerio 2.6.10 #2 SMP Thu Apr 21 15:01:12 PHT 2005 i686 pentium4 i386
GNU/Linux

Linux built from LFS Linux Live CD

Question:

1. I've installed the system correcly and had already installed latest versions
mysql, php, qmail, vpopmail. Now ezmlm is not compiling. I googled a lot and
found out that I should have to reinstall and use the latest glibc. Is this
correct. Installing new lfs requires one whole day and night. Please provide me
some info what modification should i do to solve this problem.

2. If this means reinstalling, what version of glibc should i use.

3. Can someone send me an info if they have a succesful compile of ezmlm on
their linux box. ezmlm can be found here.

http://cr.yp.to/software/ezmlm-0.53.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.pipeline.com.au/PipeInt/Sources/Linux/WebMail/ezmlm-idx-0.40.tar.gz

please try to build it if this works on your part.

this is the instruction:
Merge the sources together
cp -R ezmlm-idx-0.40/* ezmlm-0.53/
cd ezmlm-0.53
patch < idx.patch
make
make man
make setup

4. Please send me some info asap before i reinstall my lfs linux.

Thanks.