How close is 6.1?

John Gay johngay at eircom.net
Wed May 4 13:41:45 PDT 2005

After a bit of searching, I found that Chris has a 64 bit prototype boot CD
at:
http://www.stockwith.co.uk/x86_64/

This looks like it might be a good starting point for building my Opteron
system in June.

Also, after referring back to my previous thread, it seems that grub is 32 bit
only. But, since it runs in stand-alone mode, before anything is loaded, Then
I should be able to install a 32 bit grub on the box and just have it load
the 64 bit system? After all, what ever advantages 64 bits may, or may not
have to a full desktop, I don't think it matters to the bootloader (-;

Cheers,

	John Gay