LFS 6.0 compilation problem on i-686-pc-linux-gnu

GALLICET Alessandro Gallicet.Alessandro at Quipo.It
Wed May 4 14:54:30 PDT 2005

2005-05-04, 22.32.14:

My best regards to everyone, and possible apologizes
for my poor english language (... I'm an italian subscriber to the
List), apart from personal inexperience in computer science:

I'm trying to convert myself to a LINUX-GNU operating system
installing a Linux From Scratch 6.0 on an Intel Pentium PRO
133 MHz machine (i686-pc-linux-gnu) with CD-ROM driver, using
the Linux From Scratch 6.0 live-CD system host.
Nevertheless, I can't succed in passing the compilation test at the
beginning of chapter n. 5 of the book, just after the (first) toolchain
adjusting.

So, typing the commands:

echo 'main(){}' > dummy.c
cc dummy.c

my monitor says something like:

/mnt/lfs/tools/bin ../lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.1
./../../../i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld:
no input files
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

The ld linker seems to be present in /tools/bin, and
I also tried to use GCC 3.3.3, but the problem remains.
The installation of LFS 5.1.1 works correctly,
but isn't the same thing, for me!

Could anybody help me?
Thanks very much!

GALLICET Alessandro - Gallicet.Alessandro at Quipo.It

---
[Quipo ISP - Questa E-mail e' stata controllata dal programma Declude Virus]
[Quipo ISP - This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude Virus]