Question on LFS LiveCD 6.0-1

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat May 7 08:01:38 PDT 2005

Roger Merchberger wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this question, but if not,
> someone please LART me and tell me where I should pose the question.

There's a whole list entirely devoted to the cd ;)
livecd at linuxfromscratch.org (That reminds me to check the website to see
if it's listed there...)

[snip]

> This would mean adding distcc to (I would assume) Chapter 9 and making
> sure the binary is compiled on the CD;

Someone else had suggested that, and it seems like it wouldn't be a bad
idea. Think it kinda just slipped through the cracks.

[snip]

> I have very limited experience (read: none ;-) on building LiveCDs, but
> I'm willing to do the work on making a new profile (or .patch files for
> the existing profile) to add the distcc ability to the LiveCD. I am
> willing to build a whole new LiveCD (I was rather planning on it
> anyway...) but that will take a lot longer, as I have to learn how to do
> it first. ;-)

We'll always welcome more help on any of the projects.

> Ideas? Brickbats? If I'm "full of condensed milk" as my father-in-law
> used to say,

Nice one, I'll have to use that sometime ;)

--
Jeremy Huntwork