Live CD net-setup also "adjusting the tool chain" chap 5.9

Sarah Fish sarahtf at bogmeadow.net
Sat May 7 08:32:30 PDT 2005

I have two questions.  The first concerns the LiveCD.  I was trying to
build lfs on my elderly Toshiba laptop using the LiveCD as the host
system.  Net-setup would not work.  I have a NetGear wireless pcmcia
card.  The Prism54 driver loaded, but then I got a message about
firmware uploading not working.  Haven't seen this since I first bought
the card about a year ago. FC3 didn't like the card and it took some
doing to get it configured.  Is there a work-around for this?  I have
tried a couple of distro "livecd's" (gentoo and ubuntu) and did not a
problem with the networking.

Second question:  in the  "adjusting the toolchain" section  in
chapter5,  the  specfile  script  doesn't seem to work.   Not only that,
but I can't seem to find any reference to the "lib/ld-linux.so.2" line
in the very well hidden specs file I finally located.  I suspect I did
something wrong somewhere, but I can't figure out what. Any ideas?  I
have started over twice from the very beginning.

Thanks,
Sarah