Live CD net-setup also "adjusting the tool chain" chap 5.9

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat May 7 08:59:22 PDT 2005

Sarah Fish wrote:
> I have two questions.  The first concerns the LiveCD.  I was trying to
> build lfs on my elderly Toshiba laptop using the LiveCD as the host
> system.  Net-setup would not work.  I have a NetGear wireless pcmcia
> card.  The Prism54 driver loaded, but then I got a message about
> firmware uploading not working.  Haven't seen this since I first bought
> the card about a year ago. FC3 didn't like the card and it took some
> doing to get it configured.  Is there a work-around for this?  I have
> tried a couple of distro "livecd's" (gentoo and ubuntu) and did not a
> problem with the networking.

Well, none of the livecds have been *properly* set up to use a wireless
card. :/ I don't have a wireless network, and haven't had many people to
test/contribute on that as of yet.

> Second question:  in the  "adjusting the toolchain" section  in
> chapter5,  the  specfile  script  doesn't seem to work.   Not only that,
> but I can't seem to find any reference to the "lib/ld-linux.so.2" line
> in the very well hidden specs file I finally located.  I suspect I did
> something wrong somewhere, but I can't figure out what. Any ideas?  I
> have started over twice from the very beginning.

'gcc --print-file specs' will always give you the location of the spec
file for that particular gcc. And what do you mean by "doesn't seem to
work"? Did you copy and paste the command?

--
Jeremy Huntwork