One CD host distro known to work?

Maru Dubshinki marudubshinki at gmail.com
Mon May 9 13:19:38 PDT 2005

On 5/9/05, Jeremy Huntwork <jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> Phillip Fynan wrote:
> > Yeah, I know. Thanks. I was thinking more of the
> > install-on-the-hard-drive type.
> > I think I've found one myself. Linux for
>
> Maybe Gentoo then? Or Knoppix? I thought I remembered Knoppix being able
> to "install" on the hd. Or some people like Ubuntu.
>
> HTH,
>
> --
> Jeremy Huntwork

Gentoo has a fairly useful installation/livecd; but sounds like you
are thinking of Mepis- I remember hearing that the LiveCD for Mepis
could boot up and show you an example configuration  and if'n you
liked it, it had an option to install it then and there.
Ubuntu is indeed liked- from personal experience, it is hassle-free,
and being based on Debian has (of course) great package management.

~Maru