One CD host distro known to work?

Phillip Fynan pfynan at gmail.com
Mon May 9 14:52:58 PDT 2005

On 5/9/05, Jeremy Huntwork <jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> Phillip Fynan wrote:
> > Thanks again.
> > I think CORE will work, looks like it will prepare and harden me for the
> > task ahead ;-)
>
> Ugh. Do you mean Fedora Core? :(
>
> They have a history of building their system in a non-standard way, or
> at least so that it makes it difficult to set up a proper build
> environment. Red Hat was better, but we seem to keep getting build
> errors from people building on FC.
>
> --
> Jeremy Huntwork

no, core, separate distro. pretty basic. doesn't come with much.
designed so you can do set up a full system yourself. (you have to
build your own kernel). I figure it has it's build enviroment set up
completely if you're supposed to build your own packages.

Therefore, it should be perfect for LFS.
Thanks for everyone's input.
--
Phillip Fynan