How to thoroughly test the LFS?

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Mon May 9 15:11:00 PDT 2005

On Mon, 9 May 2005, Ming Zhang wrote:

> I wonder if there is a way to thoroughly test the the LFS to make sure
> every component are properly compiled and installed? Thanks.
>
> Ming

 The only ways I know of are
(i) use it to "build itself" and compare the results,
AND
(ii) build _every_ blfs package you care about.

  In reality, we don't have an easy way of knowing if a build was good.
At one time, my buildscripts had an error in chapter _5_ coreutils which
prevented me from building 'QT' in blfs.  Other people have seen
breakage in blfs from e.g. missing the 'linkonce' patch, or bad versions
of bison.

Ken