How to thoroughly test the LFS?

Ming Zhang mingz at ele.uri.edu
Tue May 10 05:54:29 PDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-10 at 11:21 +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Mon, 9 May 2005, Ming Zhang wrote:
>
> > > (ii) build _every_ blfs package you care about.
> > >
> > but one thing here is if you can build it, can you make sure it can run
> > well? especially for some packages that come with no self check option.
> >

>  That's why I said every package you care about.  I assumed that if you
> care about it, you know how to use it and therefore you will be able to
> see if it works ;)

en, though this is far from good, but there is not a simple way to judge
every packages magically. u never try then u never know. :P

ok, then let us reduce the range. how to verify the basic packages like
binutils, glibc and gcc is correct? or 90% correct? as long as the test
like "make check" or "make test" passed?

thx

ming