Ada option in compile ncurses

lin q linq936 at hotmail.com
Tue May 10 09:52:06 PDT 2005

Hi,
  I wonder how to understand the difference of compiling ncurses on ada
option.

  In "Constructing a temporary system", in building ncurses, the config
option is like this,

./configure --prefix=/tools --with-shared --without-debug --without-ada
--enable-overwrite

   ^^^^^^^^
  Then when we come to build the actual ncurses for LFS, the config option
is like this,

./configure --prefix=/usr --with-shared --without-debug

   You can see that there is no "--without-ada" option any more.

   My question is does Ada get compiled in the 2nd build?

   It should not be as in the note of the 1st build it says there will be no
Ada after we go to chroot environment, then why not this "--without-ada"
option is missing then?

Thanks.