Ada option in compile ncurses

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue May 10 10:26:03 PDT 2005

lin q wrote:

>   My question is does Ada get compiled in the 2nd build?

No.  Basically, the chapter 5 '--without-ada' option is a safeguard
against those hosts that might have an ada compiler installed.  By
specifiying the option, we ensure that the ./configure script doesn't
try to find an ada compiler.  Now, in chapter 6, we know for definite
that there is no ada compiler installed, so the configure script won't
find one, hence ada support won't be attempted to be compiled in.

Regards,

Matt.