Linker ld-linux.so.2 and the lfs live cd

ZZzzeeezzZZ zzzzeeezzzz at gmail.com
Thu May 12 19:48:11 PDT 2005

Thanks for the reply but...

quoted from page 56

Now that the adjusted linker is installed, the Binutils build and
source directories should be
removed.

The next task is to amend the GCC specs file so that it points to the
new dynamic linker. A
simple sed script will accomplish this:

SPECFILE=`gcc --print-file specs` &&
sed 's@ /lib/ld-linux.so.2@ /tools/lib/ld-linux.so.2 at g' \
$SPECFILE > tempspecfile &&
mv -f tempspecfile $SPECFILE &&
unset SPECFILE

specifically line two of the above command indicates that we are
creating a sed script to edit the specs file on the host system to
point to the new linker just compiled at /tools/lib/ld-linux.so.2
instead of the one normally at /lib/ld-linux.so.2

note:  I have enter this command several times, taking great care to
copy it exactly as printed.  The result is always the same.  The
operation cannot be completed becaus the file is read only.