how to check the failed boot message

lin q linq936 at hotmail.com
Fri May 13 17:15:15 PDT 2005

Hi,
  After my building the system I tried booting the machine, in the begining
it is fine, I can see many devices like cdrom etc. are detected, and then it
comes to init. But shortly after that, it seems it is in the phase of
executing those init scripts, there are many error messages thrown out. It
goes so fast, I can not see them clearly.

  At last I see something like, "automatica reboot" and then the machine
reboots.

  Next time I can still boot to the old host, but I wonder how I can check
the error booting message of the last failed boot?

  And do you see what might be the problem?

Thanks.