Problems when finishing the LFS

Michell L. Garcia garcia at brtn.com.br
Sat May 21 07:03:44 PDT 2005

On Sat, 21 May 2005 13:51:24 +0100 (BST), Ken Moffat wrote
> On Sat, 21 May 2005, Michell L. Garcia wrote:
>

> >    I am finishing my LFS 6.0.  In it chapter 8.3.  Linux-2.6.8.1 and 8.4.
> > Making the LFS System Bootable my problems.
> >
> >    As I use Slackware 10,1 with Lilo I would like to add the LFS in my Lilo,
> > to prevent to install the Grub.
> >
> >    Modify /etc/lilo.conf of the Slackware
> >   ----------------------------------------------
> > image="/boot/vmlinuz-generic-2.6.10"
> >        initrd="/boot/initrd.gz"
> >        root="/dev/hda1"
> >        label="Linux"
> >  read-only
> > # Linux bootable partition config ends
> >
> > other="/backup/boot/lfskernel-2.6.8.1"
> >        label="LFS"
>
>  You should have
> 	read-only
> 	root=/dev/hda5
>
>  for the LFS kernel

> > PS: /backup = /dev/hda5 = LFS
> >
> > Execute the command:
> > # lilo
> >   Added Linux *
> >   Added LFS
> >
> > When I reset the system, and choose option LFS it I do not enter.  help me?
> >
> > Sorry my English...
> >

>  Please describe exactly what happens when you select the LFS option
> from lilo's menu.
>
> Ken
> --
>  das eine Mal als Tragödie, das andere Mal als Farce

# Linux bootable partition config begins

view /etc/lilo.conf
image="/boot/vmlinuz-generic-2.6.10"
        initrd="/boot/initrd.gz"
        root="/dev/hda1"
        label="Linux"
        read-only

other="/backup/boot/lfskernel-2.6.8.1"
        root="/dev/hda5"
        label="BrTn"
        read-only

# Linux bootable partition config ends

execute command: lilo

root at brtn:/backup/boot# lilo
Added Linux *
Fatal: Image name, label, or alias is too long: 'lfskernel-2.6.8.1'
root at brtn:/backup/boot#

I only want to initiate the LFS with the Lilo of the Slackware without having
q to use the Grub.

 Thanks..