Exists some script to create a LiveCd of the LFS?

John Gay johngay at eircom.net
Sun May 22 02:55:42 PDT 2005

On Sunday 22 May 2005 03:25, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> > Michell L. Garcia wrote:
> >> Exists some script to create a LiveCd of the LFS?
>
> Actually, for the sake of completeness, I missed a couple of small steps
> in there... :)

Let me see if I understand these steps (-;
> mkdir /mnt/lfs &&
> cd /mnt/lfs &&

Create the directory and move into it.

> svn co svn://svn.linuxfromscratch.org/livecd/trunk lfs-livecd &&
Fetch the entire lfs system into this directory, plus a script to build the
system. Can't you add a -z9 to enable compressed downloading? Still a lot to
fetch on a 56K modem (-; About 150M or so? Just wondering how large a USB
stick to bring to my local 3G store which has free broadband access for the
public.

> cd lfs-livecd &&
move to the directory with the build scripts.

> make
Build an entire LFS system from scratch, with minimal system requirements.
then create an ISO of this system as a bootable image.

Sounds like a great starting place to build a custom LFS/BLFS system from. Are
the scripts well commented? How difficult would it be to use this to
cross-compile from x86 to Opteron? I'm getting a Dual Opteron soon and will
need an Opteron LFS-LiveCD. I'd love to try cross-compiling this myself.

And finally, thanks for all your hard work in making the LiveCD's and keeping
them up-to-date. I'm sure it's not said enough, so let me say it again, and
encourage others to say it more often. Thank you for your time, effort and
sharing you knowledge and skills with the rest of us. It's because of people
like you that the OpenSource community works as well as it does.

Cheers,

	John Gay