Exists some script to create a LiveCd of the LFS?

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun May 22 07:18:21 PDT 2005

John Gay wrote:
> On Sunday 22 May 2005 03:25, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
>
>>Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

>>Actually, for the sake of completeness, I missed a couple of small steps
>>in there... :)
>>

> Let me see if I understand these steps (-;
>
>>mkdir /mnt/lfs &&
>>cd /mnt/lfs &&
>

> Create the directory and move into it.
>

>>svn co svn://svn.linuxfromscratch.org/livecd/trunk lfs-livecd &&
>
> Fetch the entire lfs system into this directory, plus a script to build the
> system. Can't you add a -z9 to enable compressed downloading? Still a lot to
> fetch on a 56K modem (-; About 150M or so? Just wondering how large a USB
> stick to bring to my local 3G store which has free broadband access for the
> public.

Not exactly. This command will fetch a system of makefiles (one main one
and one for each package included in the livecd). When you run 'make'
the makefiles will download the source packages (if you don't already
have them) and then unpack them and build. When all is finished, if you
haven't edited the Makefiles, you'll have an official LFS livecd iso.

Now this still may not be too helpful to you, but the scripts will show
you (with a little patience) how the livecd is built and what all goes
into it.  They could be better documented (there is *some*
documentation) but that's a work in progress...

HTH

--
Jeremy Huntwork