Grub Issue Solved!

Chakkaradeep C C chaks.lfs at gmail.com
Tue May 24 08:38:23 PDT 2005

hi all,

i had posted previously regarding Grub Error,well what happend was,here it is,

i have 2 hard disks

primary hard disk ==> /dev/hda and has got 9 partitions
secondary hard disk ==> /dev/hdb and has got 6 partitions

==> my LFS was built in /dev/hdb5 and in installed grub in hd1 (/dev/hdb)
==> but when i edited my grub screen i saw my primary hard-disk was
assigned hd1 (/dev/hda) and secondary hard-disk in which LFS is built
(/dev/hdb) was assigned hd0.!!!
==> so i had to select the root selection as,

                root (hd0,4) instead of root (hd1,5) where root is in /dev/hdb5

==> but in the kernel parameter,i neednt had to change,it was,

         kernel /boot/lfskernel-2.6.8.1 root=/dev/hdb5

am confused a lot with this issue........how come suddenly hd0 changed
to hd1 and vice-versa and when it came in selecting root partition how
it reversed back ??

anyway now my grub is working... :-)

hope people understud my query....

i would be happy if  some one could help.........

thanks in advance,

with regards,
C.C.Chakkaradeep