LFS Bootscripts Error on First Boot

Michael Kipper mkipper at rogers.com
Tue May 24 11:48:18 PDT 2005

Hi,

I'm crossposting this to -support and -dev in the hopes of solving this
problem.
On my first boot of my LFS system, using bootscripts 3.2.1, I get the
following error:

FAILURE:

Unexpected failure running fsck. Exited with error code:
127
FAILURE:

You should not be reading this error message.

  It
means that an unforseen error took place in
/etc/rc.d/rcsysinit.d/S30checkfs, which exited with a return value of
127

I'm using ext3 on my root partition.
As far as I can tell, fsck cannot even return 127, as it is a bitwise OR of
1,2,4,8,16 and 32, but not 64.

Shortly after this error, I get another:

Cleaning file systems: /tmpfind: invalid predicate `-delete'
  /var/lock /var/run

What do these errors mean?
Are they related?
How shall I go about fixing them?