Comparing with gentoo

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Wed May 25 04:39:44 PDT 2005

On Wed, 25 May 2005, Chakkaradeep C C wrote:

> well :-) , here my team are very much interested with Gentoo Package
> Manager...and pls do excuse me if it is not Emerge....am not familiar
> with gentoo except that i know it's package manager is
> powerful.......if it is Emerge....then i think my team will soon try
> to put it in LFS........

 You might want to look at emerde (http://emerde.freaknet.org), which is
a port of emerge for slackware but might be a useful place to start.  Or
better still, get somebody from your team to look at it so that you will
have time to try gentoo for yourself :)

 Anyway, this is all very much _beyond_ LFS.

[yorkshire_mode] Eh, in t'good old days people knew what they wanted
from a system by t'time they came to LFS, and most o' them knew why
package managers sucked. But try telling that to t'youth o'today and
they won't believe you. [/]

Ken