The path to the dynamic linker

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Thu May 26 13:56:52 PDT 2005

On Thu, 26 May 2005, Matthias Gallant wrote:

> Personally I am suspecting something went wrong with  the "SED command" in
> "5.9. Adjusting the Toolchain", but this is nothing more than a gut
> feeling...
> Could any of you tell me were things started going wrong ? From what point
> should I restart ?

 Hi Matthias, thanks for your convincing analysis which has pointed out
the reason for one of my current problems (unfortunately, my problem is
in a scripted bi-arch cross-build so I can't definitely say "ah, your
error is probably here...", but this certainly sounds like the place).
Did you run the compile of 'dummy.c' at the bottom of the page, and
check the requesting program interpreter when you first ran this ?

 I've no experience of rebuilding chapter 5 over itself, but I guess
you've only really got two options - begin again from the beginning, or
begin by editing the specs file and then rebuilding everything after
that.

Ken