The path to the dynamic linker

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Thu May 26 15:56:24 PDT 2005

On Thu, 26 May 2005, Matthias Gallant wrote:

> the dummy.c test was OK, but I did reboot the machine at some point between
> that and chapter 6, maybe I did not get into the correct environment after
> the reboot ?

 You might have lost the correct PATH in chapter 5, I guess.  Or hashing
might have become enabled.  If you built with the host's gcc, the
specfile would point to /lib instead of /tools/lib which I guess fits.

> Restarting from the beginning seems to be the safest way forward, but I would
> hate to stumble on the same error again (if I do the same things over
> again ...). How to be sure ?
>
> Matthias

 If it's any consolation, understanding our mistakes is how we really
learn.  'type gcc' will tell you how/where gcc is being found.

Ken