root user instead of LFS - Please help

Bobby Pejman bpejman at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 27 19:26:32 PDT 2005

Hello All,

In section 4.3 (Add the LFS user) of the book, I don't
want to add a user LFS. I'm automating my installation
using a simple bash script and when it does this:

su - lfs

My automation stops. :( I like to be able to continue
my installation in root. I am not interested in using
ALFS either. This is a school project.

My problem is when I continue my installation in root,
my toolchain fails. I tried creating the LFS user
manually and toolchain worked. So I know it's the lfs
user thing.

What steps do I need to add or change in order to
install LFS without using LFS as a user?

Thank you all for all your help. I really appreciate
it!!!

Bobby
email: bpejman at sbcglobal.net