root user instead of LFS - Please help

Steve Crosby steve.crosby at gmail.com
Sat May 28 02:13:28 PDT 2005

On 28 May 2005, you wrote in lfs.support:

> Hello All,
>
> In section 4.3 (Add the LFS user) of the book, I don't
> want to add a user LFS. I'm automating my installation
> using a simple bash script and when it does this:
>
> su - lfs
>
> My automation stops. :( I like to be able to continue
> my installation in root. I am not interested in using
> ALFS either. This is a school project.

Split your install into three scripts.

As root, run script one

  script one runs su lfs -c <script two>
  script one then runs script three, by replacing the chroot from
/tools/bin/bash to <script three>

the commands aren't exact, since I'm not near my build system at the
moment, but the general principle is the same.

- --
Steve Crosby