Quick Kernel Question

Bobby Pejman bpejman at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 30 17:13:31 PDT 2005

First, thank you ALL for your help on my previous
message. You guys RULE! :)

Ok, so I have a quick kernel question. I'm on chapter
8 section 3 of the book. This is where I'm building
the linux kernel. Now, I don't want to do that.

I just want to use the same kernel that my "LFS boot
cd" is using. I tried doing "make oldconfig" but the
things it's asking me is WAY over my head :(

*What* files do I need to copy *and to where* to make
up for section 8.3 of the book???

Here's what I have under my /boot/isolinux directory:
boot.cat
boot.msg
isolinux.bin
isolinux.cfg