Regarding Kernel

Lai Zit Seng lzs at pobox.com
Mon May 30 21:17:30 PDT 2005

On Tue, 31 May 2005, Chakkaradeep C C wrote:

> well,am planning to build LFS focussed to desktop
> performance......will compilation of kernel play its role in
> this??...if so how do i compile kernel for improving desktop
> performance.??...and how do i generate "/etc/modprobe.conf" file
> initially??........
>
> i would be happy if anybdy help me out......

The way I approach optimizing kernel configuration in general is to simply
go through the kernel config (make menuconfig, make xconfig, whatever you
fancy) and read through the help information provided. There's plenty of
information in there. Then, see what makes sense or is useful for your
environment, and configure accordingly. Remove features that are
inapplicable, useless or not relevant :)

Regards,

.lzs
--
http://zitseng.com/