No gcc in chrooted environment

Chris Staub chris at beaker67.com
Fri Jun 2 08:46:50 PDT 2006

Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> Dexter Stowers wrote:
>> Hi,
>>    I am using LFS 6.1.1 on Fedora Core 5. I have completed everything
>> to the letter thus far, once I entered the chrooted environment and I
>> reached 6.11 Glibc-2.3.4 and I prepared Glibc for compilation I got
>> errors that gcc was not found from the config.log file. Can anyone
>> tell me what I might have forgot to do from the information that I
>> have given?
>
> No, because you gave self-contradicting information. The most probable
> cause of such thing is that you did not build LFS in one go. You
> probably powered the computer off in the middle of the process. This is
> a big no-no, so you really have to reformat a partition and start from
> scratch.

I don't see how you came to this conclusion. There are plenty of reasons
for having problems with gcc. Dexter - more information is needed.
Exactly what error message are you getting? Does /tools/bin/gcc exist?
(and make sure to respond through the LFS support list)

> Next time either don't power the computer off, or read
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/downloads/files/stages-stop-and-resume.txt,
> and post your questions to lfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org rather than
> this list.

That is true, especially since Dexter isn't even using the livecd.