Are the gcc build files still needed after section 5.4?

Chris Staub chris at beaker67.com
Sun Jun 4 17:16:27 PDT 2006

m at de-minimis.co.uk wrote:

> Dear LFSers,
>
> Reading through the book, it isn't clear to me whether the gcc working
> files can be deleted at the end of section 5.4 in the book (v6.1.1).

It should be clear since it's stated in Section 5.1...

After installing each package, delete its source and build directories,
unless specifically instructed otherwise. Deleting the sources prevents
mis-configuration when the same package is reinstalled later. Only three
of the packages need to retain the source and build directories in order
for their contents to be used by later commands. Pay special attention
to these reminders.