PS1 environment variable

Linden quiksilv at optushome.com.au
Sun Jun 4 02:10:15 PDT 2006

Just doing some mucking around and was wondering why the following happens….

I’ve just chrooted into my new environment in chapter 6.

I’ve manually exported the PS1 variable.

Now I have a bash script that I run which runs “env” to print all the
environment variables. No PS1 variable gets printed out by the bash script.

Why doesn’t my PS1 variable get inherited when running the script?

I thought all child processes inherit their parents environment variables ?
(PATH is properly inherited)